I didn’t intend that “goodbye” in my last post to be quite so dramatic. I fully intended to post on Sunday and Monday, but then work ate me alive. I don’t know why I was so surprised things picked up the closer it got to Christmas…
So, what happens now? I’ve wondered that a fair amount over the last few days. The best answer I have right now is that I’ll be taking a break to sort out what comes next. But I have ideas.
- I missed some live covers — particularly from the Star-Club — that would be fun to discuss.
- There are a number of outtakes to talk about as well and demos that didn’t make the cut for “Anthology.”
- I’m also in the process of rounding up the Beatles’ Christmas recordings, so hopefully I’ll have a post about those in the next week or so.
- Of the Beatles’ films I have only seen “A Hard Day’s Night” all the way through. I have access to the other movies so once I’m less busy I’ll be investigating those.
- It could be interesting to look at John, Paul, George, and Ringo’s musical outputs after the Beatles split. However, I am already pretty familiar with Paul’s solo work and his work with Wings so I don’t know how much mileage I would get out of that project.
If you know of any Beatles songs I forgot along the way you can definitely suggest them in the comments section.
Long story short, I don’t have the clearest path envisioned for 2015 but I will be around. Always lingering, like a guardian angel or that one relative you only see on holidays and aren’t always sure how you should act around. At least with me, you know you can also bring up the Beatles as conversation material. 😀